PSE provided the design and engineering to extend the existing 4160V power distribution system to a new 26-foot diameter vertical mine shaft, to support the new equipment and mining operations at the site. Included in the power demand was a 4,500 HP electrical hoist, which raises and lowers personnel, equipment, and machinery in and out of the mine shaft.
Multidiscipline consulting services used:
- Feasibility study for new requirements to existing system
- New power distribution circuit added to existing switchgear
- 4160V/480V primary/secondary power distribution to facility
- Switchgear, motor control wiring, lighting, etc.
- Primary/secondary protection study
- MCC design
- Modifications to mechanical cable trays
- Cable tray structural supports for wiring
- Cast-in-place duct bank design
- Specifications for procurement
- Evaluation of equipment drawings