In partnership with Red Leaf’s EcoShale subsidiary, PSE provided multi-discipline engineering services this grassroots R&D oil extraction process. PSE was involved in detailing methods for separating oil and fines, capturing vapors, flaring noncondensibles, separating water from oil, and implementing proper safety systems.
MULTI-DISCIPLINE SERVICES USED:
- Collaborative process design based on client’s methodology
- Implementation of Siemens DCS
- TIA Automation: Smart Transmitters, Smart MCC
- Facility power distribution
- Diesel generator specifications
- Instrumentation design
- Piping and storage tank design
- Heat transfer calculations
- Design of burners, blowers, etc.
- Structural design of custom bulkhead assembly
- Structural pipe support design
- Containment for tank farm
- Foundations for pre-engineered maintenance building
- Equipment foundations
- On-site construction management support
- Startup and commissioning
- Development of operator manuals, data sheets, etc.